The Kah Spirit - her spiritual journey

18 August 2006

Stillness

In the midst of unrest, there must be stillness.
In the midst of stillness, there must be quietness.
In the midst of quietness, there should be peace.
In the midst of peace, there must be rest.

Our minds are such complex computers that sometimes we don't even know what we are processing.

We laugh, we cry, we socialise, we keep to ourselves...and suddenly the realisation about the need for rest came, and we either break down or get confused.

Yes, yes. Physical rest is needed, but what about emotional rest? What about spiritual rest?

I may not write as how Carissa would write in her blog, for herself and a selected few to understand her fully. I cannot write as witty as Sherry in her blog, for the public to laugh and spam her chatbox.

I cannot stand on top of a cliff or a high place to just take in the height because I'm scared of heights. I don't go out and socialise with my friends so much as to sit in William's and have the most scrumptious mamak food around because I can't go out at night.

I cannot be as flamboyant and eloquent as Rachael because I don't have that gift. I cannot dance as well as Liza because I am not graceful enough.

Many things I want to do, many things I wish I can do, but many of times, I can't. I would if I could, but I couldn't. Yet, I still would want to try.

What would it be like to sing in Redbox and sing all out of tune? What would it be like to stand on top of a building or a cliff and just spread my arms wide or shout as loud as I can?

What would it be like to have many people asking for my autograph? What would it be like to see the smiles on the faces of people when I help them?

What would it be like to fall-in-love? What would it be like to fall out of love?

We are all busy thinking. Even if you try to stop thinking, you will still think. You just think to stop thinking. There is no peace in your mind. Oddly, peace comes by thinking. Not just random thinking, but thinking bout the Author of life. Author of what-would-bes. Author of a great big plan. Author of a book.

In the book, there must be answers.
In the answers, there must be understanding.
In the understanding, there is knowing.
In the knowing, there is the Author.
In the Author, there is peace.

Peace is all we need. Whether busy or not.

Be still and know that He is God.

'nuff said.

Posted by rebekah at 11:11 PM 

|