14 September 2006
A Tribute
No. Not to Steve Irwin.
To me.
Originally, I wanted to post this up on my main blog so that everyone could comment and say things nice about me or not.
But then I think about it, maybe I should post it up here first before opening to the public for feedback.
Carissa interestingly also wrote a post on "If I die tonight.." that kind of thing. Last night, I suddenly felt like writing a will and such, like who do I leave my guitar with, or where do my money go and stuff like that.
It's not morbid. It's just a thought.
Cause I have been thinking about death. With my Moral Studies lectures talking about euthanasia or mercy killing didn't help me to absolve any issues on death. It increased.
Cause really, though this has nothing to do with euthanasia. Euthanasia just provoked it to further meditation; what kind of legacy will I leave behind?
Will people look at my photograph and say things like:
"Aiyah, wasted money on braces."
"Nice smile."
"Eyebags!! Never use concealer.."
"Lucky girl, never get fat."
Okay, I doubt people would actually say that during a person's funeral.
But seriously, will people look at my photograph and say things like:
"Yeah, she's a nice person. Who's she?"
"Yeah, I remember her. She has this weird sense of fashion, but she dares to pull it out."
"Oh yeah, quite humorous..dry ones that is."
"Impatient person. Very."
"She could have been a better example."
"She's helpful."
"She's a born leader."
"Talkative. Very."
"Complainer. No.1!"
"A perfectionist."
"A bit rough, don't you say?"
"Quite unladylike, huh?"
"Poor thing. She's not a sweet and gentle girl, but she has her own way of doing things."
"Loud."
"Her eyes look sad."
"Emotional. Very."
"She always like to be brave, or just act brave. Don't know why. But I appreciate her for that."
"Independent at times, dependent other times."
"I think she has this greater potential in her. Something is just trying to come out."
"Tad bit proud, don't you say?"
"She wants more of life."
"Yeah, she's quite nice once you get to know her. She can make you laugh."
"Sometimes she inspire confidence."
"She has always been a mentor to me."
...
bla bla bla.
What will You say?
I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest
And you can take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all the "who's who's" and so-and-so's
That used to be the best at such and such
It wouldn't matter much
I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an "atta boy" or "atta girl"
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides
The temporary trappings of this world
I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace
Who blessed Your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy
I don't have to look too far or too long awhile
To make a lengthy list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile
Where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy
Not well-traveled, not well-read
Not well-to-do, or well-bred
I just want to hear instead
Well done, good and faithful one
-Legacy, Nichole Nordeman
Posted by rebekah at 11:50 PM
|