26 March 2007
Falling In Love?
I've written in my MSN personal message a few days recently:
love is not blind, infatuation is.
It's so natural to fall in infatuation. Look at someone who is tall, dark and handsome, you find your heart pumping faster and faster and you suddenly can't stop thinking about that person.
Love, on the other hand, has to be developed. It's after being together, being friends, being closer, communicating with each other always, bearing with all the person's faults, argue with...and you find that you still can't stop thinking about the person, then I believe it's love. Once you know the person so well to know his strengths, his weaknesses, his temper, his way of doing things...somehow you love him. Not necessarily romantically, but you learn to love.
Infatuation is so easy, so tentative. Love is so hard work, so strong.
Infatuation stops when you find the person's weakness annoys you. Love sees it through the hardships.
Infatuation is like watching Korean dramas and dreaming about your prince/princess. Then, what's love?
What is love?
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. I love Korean dramas, I admit. Especially those of the relationship that is blooming between the main hero and heroine. I like how they would argue, how they would fall in love, then how they would patch up, break up, patch up again and live happily ever after that kind of thing. I love watching Korean dramas with happily married couples. I like it when the hero and heroine brave through everything that seems to stop them.
But is that reality? Do people really fall into trianglular or rectangular relationships? Does the old flame wish for her ex? Does the hero get heartbroken? Is people at 18 years old so naive and witty? How true is the love story? Does the heroine cries and cries? Does the hero shed tears too? Do they get tired after a while?
Tell me your love story. I want to know. Many say that unrequited love or one-sided love is often tiring. I believe it is. I know it is.
Tell me.
Tell me how love is stronger than infatuation and what's the difference.
Tell me.
When God writes your love story, how does He pen it?
I want to know.
그런즉 믿음, 소망, 사랑, 이 세 가지는 항상 있을 것인데 그 중에 제일은 사랑이라
Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13)
Je t'aime...
Posted by rebekah at 1:14 PM
|